Monday, October 25, 2010

Decorate your fireplace with pumpkins


Decorate with pumpkins! Do you have a non-working or ornamental fireplace that you just don't use? Are you tired of the same old dusty white candles that you put in there years ago to spruce it up? Well, I am. Quite some time ago I moved into a lovely home with a non-working fireplace that I had every intention of doing something with, eventually. Years later it is just a black hole in my family room and has always been a bit of an eyesore. I've tried candles, mirrors and flowers in there to give it some pizazz. Alas I came across this great idea to fill it up with pumpkins! Pumpkins come in so many shapes, sizes and colors. They are super duper affordable this time of year or you can grow your own for free. And the best part is, they last for months! Just fill up your fireplace with a myriad of pumpkins. Don't be afraid to stack them on top of one another and have a few spilling out the front onto your hearth. Have fun with it, add candles and foliage. For an all out fall theme you can add a bail of hay and a scarecrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...