Hosting your own Fashion swap can be easy and a lot of fun. Here are some tips to make your swap a success:
- Send out invitations a few weeks in advance. Keep a list of the people who rsvp and call them a day or two before the party as a friendly reminder
- This type of gathering can work well with just a few of your closest friends or if you've got room you can invite as many people as you wish. Just make sure you have plenty of space for all those clothes!
- Serve cocktails and appetizers. Or make it a potluck and have everyone bring a dish of their favorite bites.
- Make it a formal affair if you choose. Ladies love to dress up, however sweatpants, t-shirts and comfy attire are easier to change clothes in so keep this in mind if you decide to set a dress code.
- Have a few dressing "areas" set up around your house. Bedrooms and bathrooms work well of course but you can also set up a folding screen in your living room. Make sure you have at least one full length mirror available.
- If you want to make the exchange fair, hand out tickets or pennies to your guests when they arrive. Give 1 ticket for each item of clothing they bring. 1 ticket is good for 1 exchange. 2 or 3 tickets may be given for high end designer labels.
- Have separate piles for different types of items ie: tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories.
- After socializing and having a few cocktails its shopping time! Have everyone dive into the piles and pick out their favorite items. You can all go at it at once or you can pick names out of a hat and shop in an orderly fashion. However you do it you're sure to have a blast. Have a fashion show to show of your new looks.
- Donate leftover clothing to a women's shelter, goodwill or other charity.
These parties are a hit every time and a fun way to trade out your unworn clothing for FREE! Host a party when the seasons change or whenever you think your closet could use an update.